April updated with Batman V Superman and other delights
April 27th, 2016 more >
Cannes 2016: Palme d’Or and acting-prizes odds
favourite: Farhadi’s THE SALESMAN
April 23rd, 2016 more >
Partycrashers VIII: L.A. Takedown!
From a sun-raked rooftop in Downtown, Los Angeles (capital-D and comma deliberate) we survey the scene…
April 19th, 2016 more >
for ‘Sight & Sound’: on Merlyn Solakhan’s lost-and-found ‘Tongue Twister’
a lost gem of collective melancholy, Merlyn Solakhan’s 1985 snapshot of Istanbul under the shadow military oppression made its belated local premiere last month – in a city still not used to seeing its own past reflection.
April 2nd, 2016 more >
Cannes 2016: Palming Pedro?
even 5/2, skinny as such odds sound, translates to just a 29% probability—meaning that it’s 71% probable that Almodóvar will yet again be a “bridesmaid”.
March 26th, 2016 more >